COMMONWEALTH OF GRENADA
Country ProfileOfficial Name : Grenada
Capital and Largest City : St. George's
Time zone: EST+ 1( GMT – 4:00))
Area : 344 km2(133 sq. miles)
Languages : English (official), French patois
Population : 107, 158 as of January 2016
Currency : East Caribbean Dollar
Exchange Rate : USD 1 : 2.70 East Caribbean Dollar
Climate : Tropical
Grenada, known as the ‘Isle of Spice’ is one of the most magnificent islands in the West Indies.
The nation of Grenada, measuring 344 km2, is composed of three key islands: Grenada and its sister islands Carriacou and Petite Martinique.
Located at the northwest of Trinidad and Tobago, northeast of Venezuela, and southwest of Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Grenada is understood for its vast mixed bag of flavors. The flavors like nutmeg, cloves, cinnamon, cocoa and ginger. The flavors here are of best quality and are renowned over the world.
Grenada’s tourism sector is greatly expanding, with the island continuing to take more and more shares of the market for Caribbean tourism. Much of this expansion is due to foreign direct investment, as foreign businesspersons choose to invest in Grenada’s growing popularity with visitors and leisure travellers.
There are many great places to visit in the country. Waterfalls, Distilleries and other attractions make this country a must for tourists. Its beaches are idyllic, with white or golden sand, palm trees, and the delicate aroma of the island’s native spices.
Grenada is a peaceful and famed for its tropical scenery, extremely friendly which offers a lifestyle so pure and authentic that you feel instantly renewed. A perfect setting for both adventure and relaxation.
Enjoy the benefits of becoming a Grenada citizen, be part of a limited and exciting Citizenship by Investment opportunity!
Grenada Economic Investment Program (“GEIP”) is one of the safest and most competitive Citizenship by Investment programs available to immigrant investors today.
With the country’s passage of the Grenada Citizenship by Investment Act of 2013, many investors are now taking advantage of all the benefits investing in Grenada and Grenada citizenship has to offer.
BENEFITS OF GRENADA’S CITIZENSHIP BY INVESTMENT PROGRAMME:A Grenada passport allows the opportunity to obtain the USA E-2 visa.
- The simplest and quickest routes to obtain dual citizenship
- Processing time in approximately 60 days from application to citizenship
- Minimal processing fees. Reasonable processing and due diligence fees for spouses and family member
- No requirement to relinquish current citizenship
- No interview, education, or management experience required
- Application is confidential
- No residency requirement
- No foreign income, wealth, gift, inheritance, or capital gains tax
- No restriction on the repatriation of profits and imported capital
- Resident status for lower tuition at educational institutions
- Requires less investment capital than many similar programs
- Inclusion of dependant children under 25 years and dependant parents above 65
- Duty-free trading in the Caribbean and much more…
Visa Free Travel
Grenadian citizens can travel without visa restrictions to more than 115 international and Commonwealth countries.
These include Schengen region, United Kingdom, Ireland and all other members of the European Union, and important business hubs such as Singapore and Hong Kong. Grenada is one of very few nations whose citizens can travel to the People’s Republic of China without first obtaining a visa.
Grenada has become a preferred vacation destination for many high-net-worth individuals.
- At least eighteen (18) years of age
- Have excellent health
- Be of outstanding character
- Hold no criminal records
- Has enough funds to make the required investment
- Source of funds must be legal
*The Government of Grenada will only grant citizenship to individuals who are truly deserving of that honour. Therefore, each applicant is subject to strict due diligence procedures.
Other Personal RequirementsEach applicant must supplement his or her application with supporting documents, these include but not limited to the original or certified copies of the following:
- A certificate indicating the main applicant and his or her applying family members are in good health.
- A police certificate.
Invest in One of the Two Options to Apply for Grenada Citizenship:
Option # 1 – Donation in the Government Fund (NTF Route)
- The investor/applicant makes a one-time contribution to a designated, non-refundable, per-person National Transformation Fund (NTF) through the use of the services of an Authorised Local Agent.
- Applicants may either immediately apply for citizenship, or first apply for permanent residence and apply for citizenship at a later stage.
NTF Route Minimum Required Contribution to the Fund: USD 200,000
Cost and Fees in addition to the required contribution of USD 200,000 are as follows:
Option # 2 – Investment in Real Estate (The Approved Project - Real Estate - Route)
- The investor (or investors) enter into contract to purchase approved project (real estate) worth US$350,000 or more, through an Authorized Local Agent.
- Investment in real estate must be maintained for at least four (4) years following the grant of citizenship.
- Professional fees for citizenship processing, are payable for all applications and will vary depending on the number of dependants and application complexity.
Minimum Value of Investment Required for the Approved Project (real estate) Route: USD 350,000
Cost and Fees in addition to the required contribution of USD 350,000 are as follows:
APPLICATION PROCESS:STEP 1 : Real 21 LLC will provide you the assistance in preparing documents for submission to the CBIC.
- Real 21 LLC will assist the applicant on the citizenship application.
- The applicant will submit in English, legalized and completed official forms, attend a medical examination, and obtain certain supporting documents e.g. birth, marriage etc.
- For purchasing property, applicant will enter into investment agreement, through a sale and purchase agreement with the approved real estate developer.
* Applications for citizenship may not be submitted directly to Grenada’s Citizenship by Investment Committee (CBIC). Therefore, the Authorized Local Agent by virtue of a license issued by the Minister, act on behalf of the main applicant with respect to his or her application.
* The applicants may not, however, contact the Authorized Local Agents directly, as the application for citizenship must be handled by the Authorized International Marketing Agent only, who in turn will liaise with an Authorized Local Agent.
STEP 2 :Authorized Local Agent will submit the completed forms and or the application to the CBIC.
- There is currently no mandatory interview requirement for the Grenada Citizenship by Investment Programme.
STEP 3 :Due Diligence background check is conducted on each application.
- The CBIC considers application files in light of this due diligence check and will issue a letter to the applicant through the Agent (Real 21 LLC) whether the application was successful, delayed for further processing, or rejected.
STEP 4 :Investment on successful application.
A letter will be issued by CBIC to the applicant instructing him or her through Real 21 LLC and the Authorized Local Agent to either make the contribution for the NTF or complete the purchase of his or her real estate.
Upon receipt of proof of payment, the CBIC will issue the certificate of registration, establishing that the applicant has received Grenadian citizenship. This certificate is to be used by the Authorized Local Agent to apply for a Grenadian passport on behalf of the applicant.
Estimated Total Time for Grenada Citizenship & Passport
- 6-10 months
Grenadian Passport Validity
- Valid for five (5) years and are renewable thereafter in the Grenadian Consulate in London, or directly through the Grenadian Passport and Immigration Office and through local lawyers without the need to travel.